Re: cbus Wiser appears to be in UK stockist

  • Subject: Re: cbus Wiser appears to be in UK stockist
  • From: "ben_mccormack2000" <yahoogroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:05:02 -0000

iPhone app

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3D5714&highlight=3Dwiser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DaHsjTdTPVnU

My only concern is the usual issue. This interface does some of the home
co=
ntrol but not all of it

Ben=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Pauls Hotmail" <paul_gordon@...>
wrote:

> Well I *had* been giving some thought recently to upgrading from a PCI
to=
> CNI, because since I changed my HA PC to a VM, I can't use physical
seria=
> connections to it any more, so I've acquired an IP-Serial gateway with
8
> RS232 ports & a LAN port. This works OK, but has frozen once (only
once i=
> about 18 months, so that's not too bad), but I also have problems
using i=
> with devices that derive operating power from the RS232 port (like a
coup=
le
> of Quasar temp sensor units). My long term strategy is therefore to
move
> away from RS232 to IP communications wherever possible and have native
IP
> connections between the various devices & their management tools
that run=
on
> the HA server... As part of this I'm intending to upgrade a comfort
UCM t=
> an Ethernet version (which I think I can do with an add-on
daughterboard =
for
> one of my existing serial UCM's), and as previously mentioned,
changing t=
he
> PCI to a CNI...
>=20
> Now that this appears to fit the requirement for providing a CNI which
wi=
ll
> work perfectly well with toolkit & PICED, *and* a whole host of
other
> features, *and* is cheaper than the old CNI alone - never mind the
combin=
ed
> cost of a CNI & a PAC, since the Wiser appears to also have the
logic eng=
ine
> as well (so would also render the PAC redundant too wouldn't it?) -
this
> seems like insanely good value! - an iPhone UI is just the icing on
the
> cake! (presumably iPod touch compatible as well?) - I'd found that
site y=
ou
> mentioned too, & am now trawling through the documentation there,
- must
> admit, I hadn't seen mention of an iPhone app yet...
>=20
> I think I'll be getting one of these PDQ!!!    :-)
>=20
> (Wonder how much I could make back for my PCI *and* PAC???)
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
can d=
> the following
>=20
> 1. Be used with iphone Wiser app that can allow control of the house
via
> iphone
> 2. As above but webpage control
> 3. As above but generic touchscreen control
>=20
> I found most of my info here
>=20
> http://www.wiserhomeautomation.com/
>=20
> One think I am unsure of. If I use the iphone control can I also at
the s=
ame
wrote:

> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but this also serves the function of a
CNI doe=
> it
> > not? - allow full commissioning & config of CBUS networks
& units via a=
> > Ethernet connection? - with one of these, a CNI would become
redundant?
> >=20
> > Which is rather impressive considering it's actually cheaper than
a CNI=
,