Momisu V880M - Network DVD player, Linux wizd

  • Subject: Momisu V880M - Network DVD player, Linux wizd
  • From: Rob Welsh <rob.welsh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:25:08 +0000

Folks,

Anyone out there still using one of these for streaming video
playback? I know back in the day Mr Phil Harris had one (in fact, mine
was bought on his recommendation)...

I'm trying to stream DVD images off my network (now that I finally
have Ethernet between it and my server) but without too much luck.
I've just got a DVD dump (i.e. a VIDEO_TS directory full of .ifo and
.vob) on my Ubuntu server, which is being served up by 'wizd'.
Unfortunately, whilst it seems successfully parse the VIDEO_TS dir,
and offer up a nice "25 chapter, 1 hr 25 min video", selecting it
seems you get Chapter 1...then Chapter 6...then Chapter6....then
Chapter 6....... You get the idea.

Next step would be to feed it an ISO, but really I want to cut out all
the menu, trailer and piracy fluff because it drives me (and the kids)
nuts.

- Rob

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums