Re: Re: cbus Wiser config agony

It's only a guess, and I'm hoping it's not a red herring as I'm only
going by the option title , but if your Wiser dot remains red even when
clicked on then I think it's a possibility

Not sure you need a complete factory reset (if such a thing is possible)
but if you alter the Wiser IP back to the default 192.168.2.1   and then
alter a PC that is attached directly to the Wiser to be on that same
subnet then I think the default project should now load OK. ( If you
have Wiser WiFi enabled then you could also setup the Wiser to issue you
a suitable IP address using DHCP but in your case I suspect you likely
have a DHCP server elsewhere so maybe not an option).

The default project will likely moan that it can't attach to C-Bus which
I don't think will impede you but  if it does then also reset the CNI IP
address to 192.168.2.2.  Hopefully you can get to that 'project update'
option then...... and then undo all the above changes once again   ..grrrr

PS When the Wiser says it take 2 mins to reboot - it really does take
that long - if you watch the lights it's well over a minute before the
thing does a reboot.

On 15/02/2010 16:45, Pauls Hotmail wrote:
> Hmm... that kind of makes sense... - you're suggesting that I've
effectively
> locked myself out completely because I changed the IP's with the
update
> project setting disabled, and now I can't change that because I can't
get an
> update on there to update that setting!
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. I guess to (dis)prove
this,
> I'd have to do a complete factory reset, get everything back to the
> defaults, at which point I should be able to use a locally connected
PC to
> access the router and try to upload a project *before* I change any of
the
> IP addresses?... If I live long enough I'll probably give that a go...
>
> Paul G.

Enabled'
>> -
>>     I have a feeling on mine I set this to 'on' before I altered
the
>> IP's
>> and tried my PICED download.  I am not sure if this is the default
but
>> if not maybe it is blocking updates.    You can unfortunately only
get
>> to this setup page  by configuring your PC to be on the same
subnet as
>> the Wiser is shipped on (192.168.2.x) or presumably attaching as a
>> client of the Wiser over WiFi - or possibly when it's operating in
NAT
>> mode (not mode B).

>>    On 15/02/2010 15:44, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>>
>>> I have a working Wiser - so I can clarify the red dot.     If
I auto
>>> find my Wiser it appears in the list with a red dot against it
but

>> when
>>
>>> I click on that Wiser unit in the list (to select it as the
one I

>> wish
>>
>>> to download to) it turns green... and the information/firmware
>>>
>> download
>>
>>> tabs appear on the RHS (which was previously blank)

>> PICED to

>> icon

>> significance

"offline" or