Re: Advice for PC controlled home heating

I also am really interested in this thread. It amazes me that no one
has yet
got on the consumer bandwagon.

I just read about this alertme device that monitor home electricity usage
and puts it on a homepage portal. Surely consumers are now ready for
central
heating/hot water to be controlled and set via a PC/web interface.

My ideal is a regular timer, can can be programmed locally OR remotely
setup
via an inbuilt web interface.... Are we not there yet? And with the advent
of ipod/iphone you could also set and control it via this.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Simon McCaughey <simonmcc@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Also have a look at my solution. It relies on time based programs, as
the
> thermostatic control in our house is complete rubbish. Both me and
SWMBO

<lists@xxxxxxx<lists%40foxhill.co.uk>>
> wrote:
>
> > In article <4B59DD02.3080108@xxxxxxx
<4B59DD02.3080108%40gcd.ie>>, John
> Molohan wrote:
> > > Any help, advice, corrections etc greatly appreciated.
> >
> > I'm just rejigging our controls and here's what I'm doing.
> >
> > Three zones, so three two-port zone valves controlled by a
Danfoss