Smoke Alarm problem

  • Subject: Smoke Alarm problem
  • From: "steamer2uk" <steamer2uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:47:18 -0000

Hello,
I am seeking some help with smoke alarms.

I have installed a number of Garvan smoke alarms previously (but, no
longer) sold by Screwfix.
In my study there is a PC running 24/7 operating my security CCTV system.
Recognising this as a potential fire risk I had installed an optical and an
ioniisation alarm linked together and to another alarm on the landing by
Garvan RF bases.

Now the problem is: The Photoelectric SS-166 alarm is faulty and sounds for
no reason causing some surprise when it does sound as it also triggers the
other two alarms . (As, indeed, it should!)I wanted to replace the faulty
alarm but Screwfix no longer stock Garvan SS-166 nor does anyone else in
the UK that I can Google for!

So, my question is: can I use a different make to link with the existing
alarms (with or without new RF bases)? That is, with the same frequency?

Can anyone help or advise me please?
Cheers
Chris P

(Please - no smart comments about my choosing Garvan, I have discovered the
drawbacks already...)

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums