Re: New Macs....so what hard drive and enclosures??

Hi Kenneth,

Is the poor speed performance you are seeing with the generation 1 robo
shares or the newer ones? From what I have read - the released gen2
units have a little more grunt where it matters.

I've also heard that the Firewire interface is supposed to be a lot
better than USB if you are connecting it locally. I'm in two minds
myself on getting a Drobo but attaching it to one of my exisiting
servers with an additional Firewire card and share it from the host OS.

Might also be an interesting solution to get one of the new Mac Mini
Servers and plug it via that... (could be costly though getting a £799
box AND a drobo drive strung off the back.)

Cheers
Wayne.