New Macs....so what hard drive and enclosures??

  • Subject: New Macs....so what hard drive and enclosures??
  • From: "noel" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:35:55 -0000

New Macs announced today (Imacs, macbook and mac mini) so my order for
a ma=
c mini will be in in the next few days.

So I need to invest in some new hard drives to ease the data transfer from
=
my aged pc media server currently running 3x 300gb drives and 1 x 750gb.
L=
ooks like 1.5Tb drives have the edge in terms of price point. Dabs have a
s=
eagate at =A383.90.=20=20

Any other suggestions or negatives with this?  I've been using some two
bay=
usb enclosures which I'd intended to keep using unless there's anything el=
se out there that people can recommend.  At this stage I'm staying clear
of=
raid etc, mainly out of cost as to do it on the mac I think i'd be heading=
into Drobo territory.

Any issues with what I'm saying?  where's best place for drives and deals
t=
hat anyones used recently??

Thanks

Noel