RE: Re: Krone blocks, alarm cable, cat5, etc etc

I think that was me... I'd planned to do this...
http://paulgordon.homeip.net/comfort.html

I actually never executed the plan, mainly because of the fact that
everything had already been previously installed by another installer, so
all the cables were already in place in the enclosure, and such a radical
cabling restructure was much more work than just putting everything back
the
way it was before, - albeit I did it a bit tidier. - I installed one of the
Comfort connection boards to give me many more sets of connector blocks to
play with, and thus I was able to get rid of the extremely messy
"choccky-block with a commoning wire down 1 side" arrangement as
mentioned
in the original post.

If I were installing from scratch, I'd definitely do something akin to my
original idea. At the time several people mentioned a number of percieved
drawbacks to using structured cabling infrastructure for a security
application - e.g. the possibility of intruders being able to unplug
sensors
for instance, but I think this is a non-issue if you do it with appropriate
safeguards.... - others may disgaree... - but I'm not protecting government
secrets here!

Paul G.