Re: Currentcost software ? (was Currentcost USB lead)

On 31 Mar 2009, at 10:43, John Benfield wrote:

> I currently just use a Perl script to read the serial port and then
> feed the results in my Cacti server.
>
> JB
>
> 2009/3/31 Dean Barrett <dean@xxxxxxx>:
> > Cheers John/Jamie
> >
> > Downloaded and finally got it installed - still not totally
> straight forward
> > though...
> >
> > Found the device and then stated it wanted a sep2pl.sys file or
> something
> > similar - finally worked out it was in the system32/drivers
folder
> and on
> > the second attempt go it going.
> >
> > Just got to work out which is best software for monitoring it.
> >
> > The Techtoniq product doesn't work with the 128 at the moment
> > Cant get Pachube to work - just starts and vanishes..
> > Currentcostgui works, but noticed it runs using around 95meg of
> memory so
> > had to stop that
> >
> > Is everyone using one of these or are there others ?
> >
> > I like the idea of the Pachube one so I can display data on my
> website.

Same here except my data goes into a database, Cacti gets its data
from that db as do my pachube feeds:

http://www.pachube.com/users/scaredycat/feeds
( http://tinyurl.com/dabh83
)

I use the pachube data to generate graphs and dials for my blog, not
for any particular reason, just because.

I don't really know about the windowsy stuff I use linux but you can
run perl under windows too ( ActivePerl - http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/
( http://tinyurl.com/9m6uw5 ) so that
might work ok for you too...

---