Re: Standalone CCTV DVRs

I've had similar requirements with RS232 ports that you do and have
gone for
a Belkin 5-port USB Network hub (55 notes from Amazon) coupled with a
Quatech 8-port USB->Serial port adapter (15 notes off eBay, they come up
from time to time).

The Belkin presents USB connected equipment over ethernet to their driver
software on the PC (or in my case the VM) and then you can use the hardware
as if it were locally attached.

I've only had this setup for a week or so and initial impressions are good
-
hooked up to the 8-port serial port adapter (via 1 port on the Belkin) are:

3 * Quasar temp sensor boards
2 * serial controlled kit (cctv switcher and video switcher)
1 * Nokia 6210 (sms use)

On the other Belkin USB ports I'll shortly be migrating:

USB weather station
USB RFXCOM 434 RX
USB RFXCOM 434 TX
USB RFXCOM 868 RX

All will be accessed under different VMs in theory.

The RS232 stuff all seems to work ok, I can't see why the other USB stuff
won't as although they're all USB they all install as virtual comm
ports....

Might be something to consider?

Martyn