Standalone CCTV DVRs

I've been a long time Geovision user, and I have no complaints about that,
=
- but... the impossibility of running this system under any 64-bit OS, or
o=
f running it in a virual machine (since there is no hypervisor available
th=
at I know of that will allow a PCI or PCIe hardware device to be mapped
thr=
ough to a VM), is now just holding me back too much with what I want to do
=
to upgrade my I.T infrastructure; namely to upgrade to Win 2008 R2 (which
i=
s 64 bit only) with the improved Hyper-V and run several VM's for
applicati=
on specific services...

=20

Thus I'm forced into looking for an alternative standalone hardware (non
PC=
based) DVR, *OR* a PC based solution that IS supported under 64 bit Win 20=
08... I'm favouring the former option, - but boy is there a bewildering
cho=
ice available!

=20

So, I put it out to you lot: -- does anyone on this list already run a
stan=
dalone CCTV DVR? - If so, what make & model? - What do you think of it?
- w=
ould you recommend it to someone else?

=20

What I want is a device that pretty much perfectly replicates the
Geovision=
experience:

4 or 8 channel, with sound

Motion activated recording with user-definable pre & post record
buffers

Ability to mask off parts of the image (trees etc) to avoid false motion
de=
tection

Networkable with built-in webserver - view any camera via any browser -
inc=
luding mobile

can send email via SMTP to report various events

date & time stamped recordings to satisfy evidence requirements

built-in hard drive (or just  a bay to fit my own)

Some means of copying recordings off for permanent storage (either via
USB,=
LAN, or built-in DVD)

Automatic storage management (ability to specify no of days to keep
recordi=
ngs etc.)

Ideally a couple of I/O ports to connect it to security panel to signal an
=
external system

And it needs to be in the Geovision price range, - i.e around the
=A3400-is=
h mark, - not some ludicrously expensive =A3900 job!

=20

Anyone got any thoughts or recommendations to narrow down my search? -
ther=
e are just so many results in Google that it's going to take me lifetime
of=
research otherwise!

=20

Cheers.