RE: Standalone CCTV DVRs

That's something I'd not thought of, - I've used these in the dim &
distant...

Wouldn't I probably have that same problem with driver support though? -
don't such devices generally require a driver on the machine accessing the
ports over the LAN to emulate a virtual COM port?

The other thing I'd imagine is probably the case, is that I bet an 8-port
network RS232 server would be considerably more expensive than an 8-port
PCI card...

Obviously I was hoping to re-utilise the PCI RS232 card that I already
have, but I wouldn't be averse to purchasing some other card / external
box, provided it was a sensible price, and that it's guaranteed to work as
required.

Paul G.

> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> From: yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 17:59:43 +0100
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Standalone CCTV DVRs
>
> Paul Gordon wrote:
> > My original plan was to use ESXi, but I'm almost certain this is
a non-starter because of the 8-port serial card that I *need* to support
the various devices that Homeseer talks to (I'd prefer not to go down the
USB-RS232 converter route).