Re: Workarounds for remote viewing POST or BIOS activity on headless device

I have a 16 port / 2 console Belkin KVM switch (2 notes off ebay!) in
my
rack - 1 console is connected to a KVM "extender" (25 notes off
ebay) which
sends KVM over CAT5 to the second input on a screen in my office.  The 2nd
console is then connected to an AdderLink IPEPS ("IP ENGINE PER
SERVER" -
about 200 notes) which offers a VNC remote console to the KVM switch so I
can control it via any VNC client (or web browser with a VNC Java plugin).
The IPEPS also has a "local" console connection too which is
connected to a
local rackmount KVM sliding drawer.

Pretty much covers all bases!

Cheapest option is obviously the KVM extender but a KVM over IP unit is
much
more useful as you can connect to it from anywhere.

Martyn