Re: SC9000 X10 Security Console PSU failures. Anyone else?

In case you didn't know - LetsAutomate acquired the stock and domain
name of
Simply in December 2008. So They are, to all intents and purposes,
SimplyAutomate now.

I'm sure the LA chaps will do all they can to help.

Rob

2009/1/14 David Brown <daveb81@xxxxxxx>

>   Hi
>
> I have come to the same conclusion! I'm trying to find out if there
are any
> "user serviceable" parts inside. I guess its just the X10
circuit that
> keeps
> popping. The PSU does get quite warm. I may buy a new one and
re-engineer
> the case so the heat can escape. This may help?
>
> I've heard from Lets Automate who say they have never heard of the
siren
> failing, or a console. Just the power supply. I'm waiting to hear if
they
> can help in any way? I believe the siren is a piezo electric type
sounder
> but am unsure if they are run from AC or DC voltages. I may be able to
fix
> it myself if its just a capacitor that has gone poof?
>
> 2009/1/12 Rob Iles <rob.iles@xxxxxxx
<rob.iles%40gmail.com>>

> > I've heard from "someone who knows" that the PSUs are a
known weak-point.

> > solution: replace PSU :(
> >
> > Sorry!

> > 2009/1/8 David Brown <daveb81@xxxxxxx
<daveb81%40gmail.com>>

> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I have had installed a Marmitek SC9000 security console for
a few years
> > now
> > > and finally got round to using the X10 side of it last
spring (2008). I
> > > couldn't get the consoles X10 signals to work with any
devices. After a
> > lot
> > > of playing around, I found out from Simply Automate (where I
bought it
> > > from)
> > > that it could be the power supply at fault. They agreed to
replace it
> for
> > > free which cured the problem. I have not used the X10 much
since then
> > until
> > > a few weeks ago. The console wont control the X10 devices
again and now
> > the
> > > siren wont sound when the alarm is triggered. I have checked
that all
> the
> > > settings are correct but the siren never sounds. I'm
guessing the power
> > > supply is playing up again and will get back in contact with
Simply