RE: Xbox (classic) HDD upgrade

On a 1.6 xbox I believe the actual Chimp menu doesn't work at all and
you HAVE to telnet in to do the upgrade from a PC front end.

http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-255.html

> I don't actually know what version my xbox is.
> I know it's chipped.
> How can I find out what version it is?

http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

or , if you have XBMC installed I'm pretty sure I've seen it mentioned in
one of the system status screens ... couldn't swear too it though.

Just to clarify..

1. You have started the XBOX, let it boot then hot swap the IDE lead to the
new hard disk ?
2. You have run Chimp on the Xbox and can see the menu ?
3. You can run option 1, and it "sees" the second hard disc OK.
(scroll down past the first device / hard disk)
4. You have chosen option 2,  and this is where it hangs ?

Marcus