RE: [OT] Vista MCE DVD playback

As it happens, I believe I *do* still have a spare KVM ferreted away
somewhere... - I was going to dig it out & give it to my brother-in-law
to connect to his WHS server that he keeps in the loft, but perhaps I'll
press it back into service myself for a while. It's a bit of a big
beastie though, - a 2U rackmounter, so in the long term, if I'm going to
go down the offboard hardware route to work around their pikey
programming, I'd prefer to get a dedicated (and small!) VGA splitter, -
it looks a fairly decent one can be had for pretty much the same cost as
a DVI Detective anyway...

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll let you know how I get on...

Paul G.

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/kramer/kramer-vp250-2-way-vga-/-uxga-
> distribution-amp/VP250.html
>

> Paul.

be
> > as
> > soon as the driver detects that either display isn't there (i.e.
> turned
> > off or disconnected), it undoes the clone setting, and it doesn't
> come
> > back when the 2nd display reappears. the primary monitor goes
through
> > KVM, so that always appears to the PC to be connected & on,
(even if
> > the
> > actual monitor is off, as it usually is). If the plasma is turned
on
> > when the PC boots up, the clone setting is preserved. If it boots
up
> > without the clone mode enabled, I have to go down to Node0 &
reset
> it,
> > -
> > I can only do this of course if the plasma is turned on, because
> > otherwise the nvidia control panel won't show the 2nd display at
all.

> > So I need something *exactly* like the DVI detective to spoof the
> > presence of the plasma being connected all the time, much as the
KVM