RE: [OT] Vista MCE DVD playback

Not sure if or how powerstrip would help, - the problem appears to be
as
soon as the driver detects that either display isn't there (i.e. turned
off or disconnected), it undoes the clone setting, and it doesn't come
back when the 2nd display reappears. the primary monitor goes through a
KVM, so that always appears to the PC to be connected & on, (even if
the
actual monitor is off, as it usually is). If the plasma is turned on
when the PC boots up, the clone setting is preserved. If it boots up
without the clone mode enabled, I have to go down to Node0 & reset it,
-
I can only do this of course if the plasma is turned on, because
otherwise the nvidia control panel won't show the 2nd display at all.

So I need something *exactly* like the DVI detective to spoof the
presence of the plasma being connected all the time, much as the KVM
does for the primary display. That clearly means switching my connection
over to digital though...

My other thoughts are to not shut the machine down after the clone mode
is enabled, in the hope that even when the plasma goes off, that the
driver retains its setting. I need to test this though... I'll also try
to test if it can survive a sleep/wake without losing the clone, and
thus still be able to save leccy by going to a low power sleep state
rather than a full shutdown.

Lastly, I guess I could take the cloning of the display offboard
completely, and just split a single outlet from the card into two with
an offboard VGA splitter (both my displays are analogue VGA) - got any
recommendations for a good 1->2 VGA splitter?

Paul G.