Re: OT:PC problem question

  • Subject: Re: OT:PC problem question
  • From: "domdevitto" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:41:36 -0000

Good advice, but I think this is a spurious unhandled interrupt error,
which that may not trigger. Other torture tests may be more likely, but
either way - the box is bad, return it.

When you uninstall stuff you typically change the usage pattern of memory,
IRQs and just about everything, so doing less will extend the time between
faults - but not eliminate them.

I don't think Dell will argue this, especially if you remind them that it's
their responsibility to deal with good not fit for purpose :-)

Dom