RE: OT:PC problem question

> I'd start out by downloading a copy of memtest'86 and leaving
that
> running for a day or two to find out whether there's a simple memory
> issue ...

Or if its windows 7 you can run the "windows memory diagnostic",
just type
'mem' in the start/search box, and it should be the first option.

If OS is not windows 7 you can download here:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

I had similar "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" issue, turned out to be a
single bit
in a 2GB simm failing. Replaced simm under lifetime warranty, fine ever
since.