Re: OT:PC problem question

Hi,

I had a similar problem with a Dell laptop a few years ago.
One lunchtime it crashed, it had almost never crashed before.
Then, as you describe, it worked variously form 5 mins to 12 hours before
BSOD. It was a couple of years old at the time, so FWIW in the end I
replaced the motherboard as I could find no logical other fault, having
replaced memory, disk etc etc. It was then fine again and has worked for
years since.  I would strongly vote for hardware failure of some sort,
probably bad soldering (which I once did find and fix in another Dell
laptop.)
HTH!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "clax01011971" <UKHA@...> wrote:

> Hello.
> I bought a Dell desktop machine exactly 1 month ago, it worked fine
for the first couple of weeks and then I started experiencing blue screens
of death (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY MANAGEMENT).
> I tried uninstalling a few things to see if it was a software issue
and I seemed to receive less blue screens but I still got some.
> I've now reverted back to how the machine was when I received it, I
haven't installed anything else and I'm still getting the blue screens
(only IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL so far).
> Does the fact that I'm still getting the blue screens after I've reset
my machine back to the factory settings mean that there's a good chance
that it's a hardware issue?
> Sometimes, I start my machine and don't even touch it and it blue
screens inside 5 minutes. Sometimes, it has run fine for over 24 hours.

> I'm having fun and games with Dell at the moment as they're saying
that it's a software issue and I have to pay for support to fix it but the
minimum I would expect from a newly bought machine is that it works with
the software that they provide with it.