From: Pete Church
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:04 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] USB to Ethernet > with CBUS

Thanks Tim, Rob, Phil,

2 possible solutions:

1) If I only want it for getting scenes set right on Saturns etc, then I
guess having the PAC as a PCI is not too much of a problem so I could try
set up a USB - LAN bride and then use wifi - still not sure if the data
would flow through OK as I'm sure they'll be some driver or something that
stops it working. Downside is that to end the PCI session I'll have to
unplug the USB cable or turn of the USB-LAN adaptor for the PAC to realise
it is not a PCI anymore

2) Use Rob's approach which is "simple" in that I have a
structured wiring
system so patching a CAT5 socket in the room to be "scened"
should not be
too much of a problem. To turn the PAC back to a PAC all I have to do is
unplug the computer which is a lot easier...

If anyone has any positive experience of 1) then please let me know
otherwise I'll go down route 2.

Cheers