RE: Re: Cheap'ish Touch Screen device

Hi Rob,

I designed a Windows CE device many years ago and used Platform Builder to
create the image. I recall that there is a number of entries in the
registry
that are used to start applications. We too didn't want the task bar or
start button as it was designed to run a single application only. You can
remove the registry entry for this and stop it loading. You can then add
your application to the list and it will boot on startup full screen.

If we need to access the device, we would start Explorer.exe through a
special menu and then exit our programme. This then gave you the standard
desktop you see on CE devices.

I'll try and dig around my old code as I may still have the information
somewhere. You can use Microsoft Visual Studio to edit the registry if you
can Activesync the device, which I assume it can.

I may be tempted to get my Dad to order one of these for me and collect it
when I come over in January but would be interested in hearing more 'good'
stories.

PS.. Any indication of the manufacturer on it? I am based out here in the
Far East and have some excellent contacts in China etc that I can maybe use
to find out more about it.

Cheers,
Dave...