Re: IR problems

  • Subject: Re: IR problems
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:58:35 -0000

Keith

If you have the receiver in a tube to prevent oblique stray IR hitting it,
you may still be getting IR from the screen bouncing off an opposite wall
straight back into the receiver.  I had a very similar problem with a
plasma screen.

I fixed it by attenuating the IR reaching the receiver by sticking a piece
of brown plastic packing tape over the receiver and then colouring it with
a permanent black marker.  Sounds a bit bizarre but I picked this tip up
elsewhere and tried it out and it worked for me.  The tape alone didn't do
enough and you can experiment with the marker.  I found that it didn't
noticably affect the strong remote control IR (from a Pronto in my case
which is pretty powerful) but knocked out the interference from the screen.

Regards

Richard