Re: best HD media player to replace xbmc

Hi Simon,

I bought a 360 premium at the weekend and re-tasked a machine to VMC. I'm
still working on the setup but so far so good. I'm using the TV Pack 2008
download with a nota-t 500 dual freeview card and a nova-s2 satellite card
(with an ex-sky dish). All working great so far.

Even got HD channels working (BBC and Luxe so far, not had chance to setup
ITV HD yet) - only snag is apparently they are not viewable via the 360
extender at the moment and my plan is to run the VMC machine headless.
Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Oh, and I'll get around to trying it as a media player soon ;)

Thanks for the advice.

John

2008/9/21 Simon Coates <simon@xxxxxxx>

> John
>
> Have you considered an Xbox 360 with XP MCE or Vista streaming the
content?
> 360's price was reduced on Friday.  Also, there will be a dashboard
update
> in autumn that will improve the interface for video, music TV etc...
It's
> not just a games console!
>
> Regards
>
> Simon