RE: Re: XBOX Softmod - there *IS* a god, - and he effing hates me!

Hi Noel.

Thanks for the offer of the controller, - but a little while after my
post,=
I came across an eBay retailer selling the USB converter cable for just =
=A32.99 each, so I ordered a couple. - should be with me in a day or two.
W=
hile I was there, (here actually: http://83.105.133.11/pxbox.htm) I
also or=
dered myself another DVD remote and a wired controller for good measure
(or=
ders over =A320 get free delivery, so it seemed mad not to!)

I may need to pick up another box at some point, - I modded my 2nd one
toda=
y, - this one is to stay at home & will be on the LAN, so no need to do
the=
HDD upgrade, all content is on my media server... which is just as well, s=
ince I did actually start off trying to do the disk upgrade, but it
fragged=
on both of the disks I had available, - one was a 320GB Seagate, that *app=
eared* to have been created & locked correctly by xboxhdm, but just
didn't =
work when fitted in the box. The other had been used previously in one of
m=
y earlier failed modchip attempts, and is currently locked with seemingly
n=
o way to unlock it... - not that I've yet found anyway... :-(

However, my 3rd box may be on its way out I think...  - the DVD tray won't
=
open currently! - hopefully it's just stuck & I'll be able to free it
up, -=
failing that I could temporarily transplant a drive from one of the others=
just while I do the softmod... once its modded, I don't really care if the=
optical drive works or not...

I'll be demoing the whole thing to my parents & brother in law in a
couple =
of weeks, and I'm fairly sure that they'll want one too!

Paul G.