Re: Laptop/netbook with Windows for only £200....help!

  • Subject: Re: Laptop/netbook with Windows for only £200....help!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:11:47 -0000

Thanks all, It's pretty likely there'll be an itunes requirement in
the future for an ipod so want to guard against that.  I'd love a play
with one of the linux based ones but think the windows is going to win
out in this case.

Cheers for the all the advice, the choice is to a 'proper' laptop from
bigpockets or the advent i think, as i'm flying through heathrow in a
few weeks and they'll hold one for me at the =A3238 price!

Cheers all

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "James Crossley" <jimmyc1163@...>
wrote:

> Just seen this at ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/145008
>=20
> Should take XP no problem
>=20
> Regards
> James
>=20
> 2008/11/14 dermot_bradley <bradley@...>
>=20
> >   --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
"noel_pilot"
> > <HA@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I need to find a laptop or netbook, with windows xp, ideally
new for
> > > around the =A3200 mark, ideally within about =A325 or so.
> >
> > Dixons do the Advent 4211 (rebranded MSI Wind) which comes with
XP and
> > unlike most netbooks comes with a 80Gb hard disk rather than a
flash
> > drive.
> >
> > Its about =A3270 but if you are flying abroad any time soon you
can buy
> > one tax-free at the airport for =A3238 (which I did recently).
Dixons
> > seem to be doing a lot of bundling deals
> >
> > Also there's still the smaller Asus EEEs (with 7") around
for =A3154
> > tax-free or a little more in normal Dixons.
> >
> >=20=20
> >
>=20
>=20

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109