'Good looking' rack recommendations (2U)

  • Subject: 'Good looking' rack recommendations (2U)
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:29:18 -0000

Hi,

I intitally heard about the Alienware HD Media Server in this forum,
but I've been reading detailed review about it here
http://tinyurl.com/6ppxjd... and guess
what... I want one!

Well not exactly.... I don't plan on spending that amount of money
on the kit let alone the import costs, but I would like to build
something similar.

I already have a lounge HTPC but I'm planning on implmenting WHS and
need something rackmountable for Node Zero and to be 'Good looking'.

I've scoured around various sites, but most racks look very
industrial 'it does what it says on the tin' type of look.

My particular needs are :
- Must support 2-4 slot loading SATA Hot-Swap drives
- Must support 1 internal drive
- Ideally supports ATX motherboard, if not MicroATX
- Supports PCI riser card containing 2 PCI boards
- 1U would be nice, but I think that's unrealistic.... So 2U ?
- Ideally in a Silver Finish... Blue lights... etc..

The nearest I've seen is this http://tinyurl.com/5mjtrz by Antec,
but the external drive bays are limited to 1 x 5.25" and 1 x
3.5".

I'm just wondering if you had any recommendations ?

Apologies, if 'Good looking' sounds naff, but WAF needs careful
consideration!

Thanks in advance