Re: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs

  • Subject: Re: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:36:41 +0100

In article <001601c8c4e4$1aa556d0$05fea8c0@GTCSPC110>, Gary
Tall wrote:
> Now where's my sledgehammer, I really must break up that disabled
access
> ramp they made me put on a Victorian barn. They did not specify the
> method of manufacturer so the weak mix concrete over a core of roof
> insulation foam should not be too hard to break up:-)

Excellent!

I was recently pushing my bicycle along a narrow pavement, and I had to
negotiate a wooden ramp that someone was erecting by a shop front to allow
a wheelchair to get from pavement up the two steps and into the shop.

I chatted to the guy who was fitting it as I plotted a route around. It
seems the ramp was required for a Council related meeting that was
happening in the shop, as the rules required wheelchair access for all
such meeting. No-one who attended the meeting needed it, nor ever had, but
the ramp had had to be constructed, stored, fitted before each meeting
(blocking the pavement) and then removed afterwards.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire