RE: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs

  • Subject: RE: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs
  • From: "Gary Tall" <gtcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:08:31 +0100

We had to go through all this and I was dead against it, one year on I
don't have a problem with the position of the light switches. The
sockets at 450mm are a pain though when it even gets extended to speaker
points.

As Mike has said many of the rules have been dreamed up by lunatics,
like the one that says the downstairs bathroom door must open outward in
case a disabled person falls off the toilet. We pointed out that in our
case that meant you had a door that would open directly into the path of
someone exiting the building which was stupid. After a short debate I
told them that I was not going to put in place something that was
dangerous to the people who were actually going to live in the house,
they did not like it but did sign if off.

Now where's my sledgehammer, I really must break up that disabled access
ramp they made me put on a Victorian barn. They did not specify the
method of manufacturer so the weak mix concrete over a core of roof
insulation foam should not be too hard to break up:-)

Regards
Gary