Re: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs

  • Subject: Re: Re:In wall touch panel heights to comply with building regs
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:36:41 +0100

In article
<f64a8a9c0806021131n3e17f0d4x85f5d177d81261c7@xxxxxxx>, Andy
Davies wrote:
> It's the way we're forced to adjust everything for the sake of a
> minority that frustrates me - I personally hate light switches at
> mid-level

Well, I'm as much for saving the unborn gay whale as the next man, but
as a lightswitch at 1500mm can be worked when sitting on the floor (I
tried this morning to prove the point to my wife!), I can't see why
someone in a wheelchair would find them hard to cope with.

On the bright side, the wheelchair access ramp at our office does mean
I can cycle all the way to the front door rather than having to carry
my bike up the steps. :-)

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire