RE: Re: Alarm to connect to CBus (excluding Comfort)

> Can someone please tell me what kind of hotels i need to stay in
> see cbus kit!!! lol ;)

The last one I worked on was a series of rooms that went for between =A3930
and =A31100 *PER NIGHT* each, had a colour touchscreen on the wall, C-Bus
multi room audio in there and a couple of 8 channel dimmers and a twelve
channel relay in each ...

>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:
> >
> > The security aspect of C-Bus has always intrigued me.  Is there
some
> > device or application that can report losses of devices on a
C-Bus
> > network and also prevent new devices being introduced ?   Maybe
an
> > encrypted C-Bus or something ?

> > Presumably an install like Wembley must have had these issues
resolved.

There were a number of steps that were taken with Wembley - the most
obviou=
being that there are very few actual points where you could easily (as a
"punter") tap in to the network itself (i.e. switch locations in
public
areas) but there are other things implemented too including custom C-Bus
hardware to handle loss of network situations etc.

> > I always wondered if I checked into a C-Bus wired hotel with
C-Bus
> > toolkit on my laptop what access I could get to their C-Bus
network
> from
> > the lightswitch cabling...

What you have to realise is that a hotel tends to be multiple repeated
instances of exactly the same setup for each room and it would also tend to
be a system which would be controlled by a "proper" commercial
SCADA head
end control system so typically what you would have is each room being its
own self contained C-Bus network and having a C-Bus Ethernet gateway giving
an Ethernet link back to the head end. Hence, the worst you could do would
be reprogram your own room and the head end can be set up so as to be able
to remedy that pretty easily.

Phil
=20

signatur=