Re: Alarm to connect to CBus (excluding Comfort)

The security aspect of C-Bus has always intrigued me.  Is there some
device or application that can report losses of devices on a C-Bus
network and also prevent new devices being introduced ?   Maybe an
encrypted C-Bus or something ? Presumably an install like Wembley must
have had these issues resolved.

I always wondered if I checked into a C-Bus wired hotel with C-Bus
toolkit on my laptop what access I could get to their C-Bus network from
the lightswitch cabling...

K. C. Li wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Mike Griffiths wrote:
>

>> The main difference is in the connection
>> With C-bus if you cut the cable the PIR stops working and possibly
the
>> whole C-bus network !
>>

> It depends on how the C-Bus system is wired. If it is wired radially,
as
> it is commonly the case, cutting the wire would only disable that
branch
> without affecting other branches.
>

>> With an alarm system if the cable gets cut the alarm goes off as
the
>> alarm system is still working
>>

> I am not advocating the use of a C-Bus system as a security system but
> there is nothing inherently designed or omitted in C-Bus to make it
> impossible to achieve. There are enough spare wires in the C-Bus cable
> allow for a simple temper circuit to be incorporated. eg. Connecting
the
> "temper circuit" of a closed loop to a L5504AUX Auxiliary
Input Unit to