Latest message you have seen: RE: Best touchscreen interface EVER?

RE: Bathroom audio advice needed/recommendation

Do it! - you won't regret it, and (bank balance aside) the WAF factor
is hi=
gh too...

Paul G.

Pedro de Oliveira
> Sent: 20 January 2008 13:56
> To: UKHA Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Bathroom audio advice needed/recommendation
>=20
> Paul,
>=20
> If I attached an FM tuner to the sonos then, as you point out, I would
> still have the problem of controlling the tuner.  This was the initial
> question I posed so the sonos doesn't add anything to the solution.
It
> might give me a way of having the FM tuner played throughout the whole
> house but again, I just need the upstairs bathroom.
>=20
> Having said that and looking into Sonos a bit more, you are right in
> that the stations I mainly listen to are available as a stream to
Sonos
> so it does seem like Sonos is the solution.   The only question I need
> to answer myself is if I want to bite the bullet and do the whole
house
> audio now.
>=20
> Thanks,
> Pedro
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

Control is via
> > > a remote but there's also a simple web interface and
telnet-able
> > > control (probably very similar to its real Roku bigger
brothers).

> > > Currently (r)etailing around =A340-=A350 depending on
source, so the
> > > reduced frills mean a cost saving.
> > >
> > > In case running cost is important to you, mine seems to draw
> > > constant 4-5W (ie cost =3D peanuts per year).
> > >
> > > On top you'll still need some appropriate powered speakers /
small
> amp
> > > + unpowered speakers.
> > >
> > > Not sure how the Soundbridge would fare in a bathroom
environment -

<John@themurrayhouse
.co.uk> wrote:

> > > speaker