Latest message you have seen: Re: Updated pics of my loft conversion

RE: Bathroom audio advice needed/recommendation

Hmm... well, the SONOS has a line-in on each zoneplayer, to which you
can a=
ttach any audio device you want... you *could* attach an FM tuner.. You'd
h=
ave the issue of control of the tuner to sort out though. - If you just
ten=
d to listen to one or two stations, then you could just get a couple of
che=
ap FM tuners, leave each permanently tuned to one station then select
betwe=
en them somehow. - if you had multiple zoneplayers, you could obviously
att=
ach the tuners to each one. Attaching more than 1 tuner to a single
zonepla=
yer would be a little tricker, but could be done I guess, if you use a
rela=
y or X10 module etc. to ensure you only turn on the tuner you want to
liste=
n to..

Having said all that of course, most FM stations these days have a web
stre=
am you can use instead don't they? (the stations I mainly listen to all
hav=
e web streams that I've added to my SONOS).

The SONOS web interface does need a PC to host it currently. - SONOS is
bas=
ed on UPnP, and the current web interface uses the windows UPnP components
=
to talk to the SONOS hardware. I'm not aware of any likely change to
that..=
..

Paul G.

Pedro de Oliveira

.co.uk> wrote:

> > > I'm just in the process of fitting mine. I'm using a single
Jamo
> > speaker
> > > that has two tweeter to provide stereo sounds from the one
speaker.
> > > I'm using a Roku Soundbridge initially (may replay with MCX
or Sonos
> > one
> > > day) and the Roku has a web interface to control what is
playing. It
> > does
> > > not have DAB, but most UK DAB stations also broadcast via
internet
> > > streaming, which is what I use. The Roku also links to my
PC's to