From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
noel_pilot
Sent: 08 January 2008 21:28
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Fw: [ukha_d] Re: Heatmiser - advice please?!

=20

So....for someone with almost zero serial experience or knowledge, nor
do I own Comfort or homeseer, is it pretty unlikely that i'd be able
to reasonably simply web enable the homeseer thermostats short of the
=A3350 kit?!

I thought I'd seen some thermostats with built in web capability
possibly US based sites before but having issues finding them now,
will keep hunting but confirmation if im thinking right re above would
be good!
Thanks all, interesting reading!

Noel

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups. <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
com,
"bruce33sw" <watson2@...> wrote:

> Hi Gareth,
>=20
> Ever the optimist, I would say so!
>=20
> I don't know anything about Homeseer or Comfort, but presumably the
> "scripts" in Homeseer would allow very simple integration to
the
> devices? That is assuming they allow arbitary code execution. The
> protocol is a really very noddy get/set on a related 'group' of
> values, e.g. programming times for Mon-Fri, room temp, temp set point,
> etc.
>=20
> Presumably anyone with some Homeseer scripting knowledge would be able
> to take the code/protocol and reapply as required...
>=20
> Possibly daft question: Do you know if there is an xAP interface to
> the Homeseer stuff? I only ask as I am about to interface the
> controller sw on a PC (linux just now, but windows/mac would be easy)
> to hopefully an 'open standard protocol', and from what I can find
> it'll either be VSCP or VSCP/xAP.
>=20
> Cheers, Bruce.
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@yahoogroups. <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
com, Gareth
Cook <g@...> wrote:

> > Bruce
> >=20
> > You reckon with a 485 to 232 dongle we could talk to heatmiser
via
say=20