Fw: Re: Heatmiser - advice please?!

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Heatmiser - advice please?!
  • From: "bruce33sw" <watson2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:48:00 -0000

Hi Gareth,

Ever the optimist, I would say so!

I don't know anything about Homeseer or Comfort, but presumably the
"scripts" in Homeseer would allow very simple integration to the
devices? That is assuming they allow arbitary code execution. The
protocol is a really very noddy get/set on a related 'group' of
values, e.g. programming times for Mon-Fri, room temp, temp set point,
etc.

Presumably anyone with some Homeseer scripting knowledge would be able
to take the code/protocol and reapply as required...

Possibly daft question: Do you know if there is an xAP interface to
the Homeseer stuff? I only ask as I am about to interface the
controller sw on a PC (linux just now, but windows/mac would be easy)
to hopefully an 'open standard protocol', and from what I can find
it'll either be VSCP or VSCP/xAP.

Cheers, Bruce.