Re: Re: Sony BDP-S550's - built in LAN and Java!

Hi Mal,

Interestingly - the reviews of this range all seem to rave about the
speed being very good between sticking disk in and starting to watch the
movie - didn't realise it was such a problem with blu-ray (not having a
player yet). I havnt kept on top of the 'backing up your dvd's' scene
for a while - last time I looked it was 'feasible' to backup blu-ray but
the problem being that each film had a 'key' that was difficult to
obtain (if not impossible at the time), people were on about hacking
other licensed players to get the key when they play the movie, but
that's as far as I got with the whole blu-ray side of things... Just
seemed a little odd that Sony made a point that the machine runs Java
(if you look at the screen shots of the interface - very psp-esque)

I take it looking at the posts following my original - 'backing up' your
blu-ray disk is now not an issue :) using AnyDVDHD, is it just a case of
'copying' the contents with drag and drop onto your HD? Re-authoring the
'rubbish' (extras) out or re encoding to a single file (mvk?) from that
I guess?

Cheers
Wayne.