Re: WebDTs and LinuxMCE (Re: [ukha_d] Viglen MPC-L - Tiny £99 Linux PC)

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Peer Oliver Schmidt
<posde@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Do you have details of your LinuxMCE setup somewhere Oliver? I've
been
>> meaning to set up a system for some time but it always seemed a
little
>> daunting/time consuming to me.
>
> LinuxMCE can at first, be very time consuming. Especially if you come
> into it from the M*C*E route, i.e. looking for a media center. There
> are very specific hardware requirements, which make it hard to just
> testdrive it on existing equipment.

Thanks for that.

I'm not adverse to Linux ;) (my personal website -
http://www.linuxuk.org) and I keep
meaning to do it but I'm always
busy it seems. I've been using a Linux server with ushare streaming to
Xbox360's, basic but does work. The Linux server will hopefully be
replaced with a Icy Box embedded linux NAS this week (NAS4220) meaning
that I have a total of 4 unused PC's to tinker with, a Nokia n800 (I
do a lot of Nokia work), a 15" touch screen and various other bits.

How long does it take to setup the basic configuration, server and 1
orbiter say?

> Best regards
>
> Peer Oliver Schmidt

Regards,
Jamie
--
http://www.linuxuk.org

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109