Re: Tosh 1Tb Ext Drive - £70 - But what drive is it ?

Paul Gordon wrote:
> Sounds like the F1 drives are to be avoided then... which is odd as
I've had Samsung drives before and found them to be *very* good.

> I like the sound of the green ones though, one of the reasons I'm
looking to upgrade is cut my leccy bills a bit by running fewer, larger
drives. (Media server currently has 7 disks in it!)

Which reminds me, this article about RAID reliability in large arrays
might be worth a read for you multi-terabyters:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=162

Read the comments as well - the article may be a bit overly doom and
gloom according to some, but it's worth thinking about...

Jim

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109