Re: Tosh 1Tb Ext Drive - £70 - But what drive is it ?

Paul Gordon wrote:
> Uncannily, I've just been trying to find the answer to that very
question...

> I've just been pricing up 1TB drives for my media server's Christmas
present, and leaning towards the new Samsung F1 drives at £74 inc.

Personally, I'd avoid. I bought two of the Samsung drives; one totally
and utterly fubared my Mac Pro's file system (hurrah for Time Machine!)
- I know not how -  and the other [very] quickly developed a duff sector
whilst sat in my linux box.

Switched the later to a WD10EACS (no problems at all since), and have
another to switch in to the Mac when I get a chance (Time Machine gives
me the confidence not to be in a hurry to do it though :-)

The samsungs will have to go in a Drobo when I get around to getting one
[rattles piggy bank - hmm, not yet], where hopefully the
redundancy/self-healing features will work around their apparent
deficiencies.

The WD drives regularly appear on Scan's todayonly page around the 70
quid mark...

Jim

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109