RE: Re: NAS or WHS

Having re-read the scenes tutorial on the CBUS forums, I think I've
reached the conclusion that it really isn't possible to do this with the
E2000, since it doesn't support scenes itself, - therefore I can't setup
an empty scene in it in order to configure the trigger group &
application selector to be transmitted by that unit. It also doesn't
support keys using a secondary application, so I would be forced to use
groups in the trigger control application exclusively for all keys on
that unit.

That's all way too much "hackery" - I'll just bung 2 lines into
the PAC
& be done with it!

Paul G.

Of
> Paul Gordon
> Sent: 01 December 2008 20:23
> To: UKHA Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: NAS or WHS
>
> I must be doing something wrong then, since toolkit will not let me
> specify a group from anywhere other than the trigger control
> application.. - see the attached screenie. It only lists the groups
from
> the trigger control application in the dropdown, and it won't let me
> override the selection by manually typing in a different group name in
> the box...
>
> I am doing this in the config on the unit where the scene is stored,
on
> the scenes tab, at the bottom of the window, just to the right of the
> "Edit scenes" button.
>
> Paul G.

have a
scene
> > stored in a unit that can be triggered by another group, such
that I
> can
> > then assign keys on other units to that group, thereby making
that
key
> > also trigger the scene...
> >
> > e.g. I have a Saturn in which I have a scene stored (Scene4)...
> > I have an E2000 on which I want to make one button trigger that
> scene...
> > I think I should be able to create a new group - ideally under
the
> > lighting application, let's says it's called "Trigger scene
4"
> > I then want to assign "Trigger scene 4" as the scene
trigger group
on
> > the Saturn...
> > Lastly assign a button on the E2000 to be in the "Trigger
scene 4"
> group
> > (as a toggle)
> >
> > - Press button on E2000, - the group "Trigger scene 4"
toggles on or
> off
> > - Saturn sees the "Trigger scene 4" group change state
and switches
> > scene 4 on/off as appropriate so that the scene status follows
the
> group
> > status..
> >
> > That's how I *want* it to work... but there seem to be a couple
of
> > problems with this...
> >  - Toolkit won't let me assign a group from the lighting
application
> as
> > the trigger group on the Saturn
> > - The E2000 won't let me assign keys to groups in the trigger
control
> > application - I think this is a limitation of the firmware that
allows
> > only a single application to be assigned on a single unit.
> >
> > Am I totally missing the point of trigger groups?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Paul G.

already know
> the

trigger a
> scene
trigger group
in
> > the
from
groups
> in
> only
other keys
on
> > the

> > *all*
instead....

shares on
WHS
> > can
> everything
you
actually
> > have
WHS?

there's one
thing
> > I'd
I'm playing with
on
> > my
at the moment)
> so
that data over to
> > new

"pool" of
storage
> > (for
up as a software RAID5
> array

server and
physically
> > move
connections? Is
WHS
is still intact
> and
the array has
been

[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx]
> > On

looks like WHS seems
> be

experiences people
have
> > had.
and the Tranquil
PC
preferred choice.

Release
Date:

version of
virus

Date:
> > 22/11/2008
> > > 18:59

> > Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
> > http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109

> > This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.