RE: Re: NAS or WHS

I must be doing something wrong then, since toolkit will not let me
specify a group from anywhere other than the trigger control
application.. - see the attached screenie. It only lists the groups from
the trigger control application in the dropdown, and it won't let me
override the selection by manually typing in a different group name in
the box...

I am doing this in the config on the unit where the scene is stored, on
the scenes tab, at the bottom of the window, just to the right of the
"Edit scenes" button.

Paul G.

Of
> Mike Griffiths
> Sent: 01 December 2008 09:09
> To: UKHA Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: NAS or WHS
>
> You should be able to use lighting or trigger groups in to trigger a
scene
> I use lighting to trigger lots of scence to achieve exactly what you
are
> asking for.
> Toolkit will question your choice - but just ignore it as long as you
know
> you aren't setting up a closed loop
> Mike

4"
group
> (as a toggle)
>
> - Press button on E2000, - the group "Trigger scene 4"
toggles on or
off
> - Saturn sees the "Trigger scene 4" group change state and
switches
> scene 4 on/off as appropriate so that the scene status follows the
group
> status..
>
> That's how I *want* it to work... but there seem to be a couple of
> problems with this...
>  - Toolkit won't let me assign a group from the lighting application
as
> the trigger group on the Saturn
> - The E2000 won't let me assign keys to groups in the trigger control
> application - I think this is a limitation of the firmware that allows
> only a single application to be assigned on a single unit.
>
> Am I totally missing the point of trigger groups?
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul G.

application
> rather
> > than the trigger application?
> >
> > Phil

know
the
> > > answer, I just need a sanity check...
> > >
> > > Is it in any way possible to get an E2000 switch to trigger
scene
> > > stored in another unit? - I tried to reference a trigger
group in
> the
> > > key assignment, but the unit only allows me to select from
groups
in
> > > the
> > > lighting application, - I'm thinking this is because the
E2000
only
> > > supports one application at a time? - I already have other
keys on
> the
> > > unit assigned to lighting groups...
> > >
> > > If my understanding is correct, the only way I could do it
is if
> *all*
> > > the keys on the unit are added to groups in the trigger
control
> > > application, - that, or do what I want in the PAC
instead....

> > > Cheers.
> > >
> > > Paul G.

shares on WHS