Re: Re: Confused with Video distribution

interesting thread ... it would be rally good to be able to
distribute video throughout the house ... HD & lesser images ... HD
&
lesser movies, security CCTV images, front-door video images,
Met.Office radar-maps, etc, etc ... 'though, have to say, the way to
do this is still far from clear !!

Chris

wrote:

>>> You just need to think VERY long and hard before parting with
any
>> cash - what signals exactly do you want to distribute - are you
>> likely to upgrade a TV in one of the locations to HD in the future
>> etc? Whilst composite and S video are great for most places, I
>> already have HD capable displays in three locations. Good video is
>> bit of a thing for me anyway as I run a video production company.
>> Saying that, for every day viewing, it's hard to tell much of a
>> difference between a really good quality composite signal and
>> something better on most smaller TV's, so the cheaper composite
>> switchers may be a good choice if cash is an issue.
>>>
>>> If you can afford it - many of the bigger component switchers
can
>> also route composite and s video signals too - so they're a
>> good "cover all eventualities" choice :)
>>>
>>> I'd think carefully about the smaller 4 input/output switchers
-
>> are they really going to be big enough once you get into it? Are
you
>> likely to add another location? I also switch a few CCTV camera
>> feeds too - quite useful as you can view these feeds anywhere
>> without any other technology (although I also have a Geovision
CCTV