Re: Sky+ UI

Have to concur.

We moved from a TiVo to Sky HD (quality is spectacular, especially on
the Beeb HD channel, but the lack of content is annoying to put it
mildly...)

The Sky+ GUI (HD is exactly the same GUI, but has an extra "HD
Channels" item on the front page) is frankly horrific - the lack of
functionality is just galling.

I would think that this would appear pretty unacceptable even if this
was my first PVR, but after TiVo it's like digging your eyes out with
a spoon.

The thing is, SkyHD is much, much better than TiVo in terms of speed,
quality and so on.. I just wih the powers that be at Sky would cut
some sort of deal with TiVo and licence the UI.

I still hate TiVo for what they did in the UK. Abandoning the
platform, leaving us stranded with outdated software, no support for
HDMI etc and worse, poisoning the well for future PVR vendors...

:(