RE: [OT] (A little) : Firewire cables...

> What, like this?:
>=20
> http://www.span.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3D15709
>=20
> :-)
>=20
> Jim

LOL - You're lagging behind there Jim ... already replied to my own post
with that link earlier. ;-)

I've now found all the bits I need to get myself to the point where I have
all the hardware I need for a "server" of up to around 36Tb for
an outlay o=
about =A3700 *EXCLUDING* the actual drives (=A3400 to build the server
itse=
lf
and =A3100 to convert each of the external cases I currently have to
SATA/eSATA).

If I needed more than that in the foreseeable future the mobo I'm looking
a=
has enough fast PCI slots (either PCI-X, PCI-E or PCI-Ex16) to end up being
able to handle about 100 drives if it gets stuffed full of the more
expensive eSATA cards but then the costs for those cards go up quite
drastically!

An "easy" possibility of handling up to 36Tb should keep me going
for the
next 5 years or so though. ;-)=20

Phil

=20=20