Re: Geovision-based system for social events capture

Paul Gale wrote:
> Well I currently use a Focus Enhancements Firestore FS-3 mounted on
the back of a Sony DSR-570 professional DVCAM camera (amongst others).
Focus call these types of devices "Direct to Edit" recorders.
They also do a non-mobile (rack mounted) version called the FS-2E. In my
case I sometimes also slave a firewire external HDD off of the unit to
allow extra long format recording. Only single video stream capable though,
so you need multiple units for multiple cameras.
> These should be compatible with any standard firewire A/V stream - I
have no experience of the iSight though (whatever that is!!! ) :)

Apple stopped selling it since most consumer machines now have a camera
built in:

http://reviews.cnet.com/webcams/apple-isight/4505-6502_7-31297839.html

Basically an up-market firewire webcam with auto-focus.

> http://www.firestore.com/solutions/video_production.asp
> They're not cheap though as aimed at the pro video/broadcast market. I
seem to remember the FS-3 was around £1500 or so quite a few years
back...

Ouch.

Jim