RE: Geovision-based system for social events capture

Well I currently use a Focus Enhancements Firestore FS-3 mounted on
the bac=
k of a Sony DSR-570 professional DVCAM camera (amongst others). Focus call
=
these types of devices "Direct to Edit" recorders. They also do a
non-mobil=
e (rack mounted) version called the FS-2E. In my case I sometimes also
slav=
e a firewire external HDD off of the unit to allow extra long format
record=
ing. Only single video stream capable though, so you need multiple units
fo=
r multiple cameras.

These should be compatible with any standard firewire A/V stream - I have
n=
o experience of the iSight though (whatever that is!!! ) :)

http://www.firestore.com/solutions/video_production.asp

They're not cheap though as aimed at the pro video/broadcast market. I
seem=
to remember the FS-3 was around =A31500 or so quite a few years back...

Paul.