RE: Geovision-based system for social events capture

Ah I see - it's an interesting project.

I run a video production company and we often record multi camera feeds
from events (conferences etc) - but use single camera dedicated firewire
HDD recorders (along with each cameras tape system as a backup). Would be
interesting to see what you could come up with at the cheaper end of the
market (or home built!). If you're doing DVD's, you really do need to be
recording at least DV quality from each camera at 25Mbps. A fast PC with
good disks should be able to manage several streams at once although size
of storage is going to be a consideration.

Paul.