Re: Geovision-based system for social events capture

I have a lot of experience in the world of Video and TV. I would
recommend
setting up a DV camcorder (either Mini DV or HDV) then linking it to a PC,
and recording the feed directly onto the PC via a IEEE 1394 connection. For
video editing, if your are only doing the basics (no fancy effects, etc.)
then Windows Movie Maker is fine. However, if you want something a bit more
fancy then I would go for Studio 11 (cost effective (=A360) or Adobe
premie=
re
pro CS3 (Professional software, but really expensive (=A3600).

For hardware I would go for:

- Sony HDR-HC5e High Def Hdv Camcorder (=A3550)
- Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 11 (=A360)
- Custom Built Video Editing PC (=A3595)

Any more queries ask

James

On 10/24/07, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not done it - and I think not really suitable if you want to edit in
> reasonable quality as the pictures at 25fps would be far too
compressed.
> Also the file structure would be difficult to navigate to get the
clips y=
ou