Re: HELP: Electrical fault involving an X10 appliance module

Just fixed a similar problem on someone's vacuum cleaner -
the live wire came loose in the plug and generated enough
heat to melt the wire with a fairly impressive boom.  If the
appliance was still working, then I would assume there's no
damage there

Martin

Simon Coates wrote:
> Mark,
>
> That's the live terminal btw - caused by a bad contact between the
plug's pin and the socket.  The high resistance has caused a hot spot.

> Regards
>
> Simon

Grizelli Associates Limited
IT Project Consultants
2c Nethermoor Road, Middlezoy, Bridgwater, TA7 0PG
UK Company registration no. 2468872
VAT registration no. 713 1775 49